Thursday, January 03, 2008

Global Warming 'Data' Speaks For Itself

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Global Warming Articles Need Data
By Michael F. Farona


Cal Thomas' editorial column,
Warming Is Gospel To Secular Fundamentalists: prompts this column as a follow-up. In my area of expertise (chemistry), review articles on various subjects contain considerable data to educate and convince the reader that conclusions are justified. This is not so with the many review articles and books I have read on global warming.

Data, numbers, graphs, trends, etc., are generally missing in supposedly scientific reports on global warming. These articles are usually long on opinions and short on hard data. Phrases such as "scientists agree that ..." scientists doubt that ..." do not belong in a scientific article.

There are more data in Michael Crichton's novel "State of Fear" than in all the global warming articles combined that I have read.

I should point out that I have no ax to grind. My interest has been to educate myself on global warming. Instead, I am left in a state of frustration because so many questions remain unanswered. For example:

more...

http://www.theledger.com/article/20080103/COLUMNISTS03/801030456/1110/Edit

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Global warming'' my grandmother! Its 18 degress out here on the Jersey Shore and its colder' n a well-diggers you-know-what! Hello Donal, how are you? J'Mac

5:51 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Raining and cold here, too, J'Mac. I'm not in the pink...

7:05 PM  
Blogger Sonny Lykos said...

And here in Naples FL, it 51 and last night in the 30's.

12:14 AM  
Blogger Sonny Lykos said...

Just got this off Drudge. Is a real GW disaster, eh?

http://vortex.plymouth.edu/uschill.gif

12:16 AM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Oh, my Sonny--you're colder than we are!

1:06 AM  
Blogger Sonny Lykos said...

Yep! It's finally going to get up into the 70's this week-end.

8:15 AM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

No wonder y'all have lizards droppin' out of trees! LOL!

9:23 AM  
Blogger Sonny Lykos said...

Yep. Between the duck droppings and now the lizards, I gotta get my pressure washer out this week end to clean my walks and drive.

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home