Thursday, January 03, 2008

HUCKA-BUSTED: The Truth About Mike Huckabee

Photobucket

A Plea From Arkansas: Take A Closer Look At Mike Huckabee's Record As Governor
By David Thompson


As a conservative, evangelical, politically-active father of four in Arkansas I believe it is imperative for like-minded voters to become more familiar with the Mike Huckabee that just completed 10 years as our governor. I realize it’s sometimes hard to know what to believe during a campaign, so I've tried to include links to published stories, with most coming from years past when the events noted were taking place.

For those who don't know much about me, I attend a very conservative evangelical church in Central Arkansas that includes some other politically active members (past/present elected officials, lobbyists, candidates, etc), and our family currently homeschools our young children. Since 1996, I have been heavily involved in numerous Republican campaigns in Arkansas at all levels (even managing a few). I have also served as vice chairman of the Republican committee in Arkansas' largest county.

Yet I don't know of a single person in these circles who is supporting Huckabee for President - although I do know many that are definitely not supporting him. Of course, this is anecdotal evidence, but consider that Huckabee just finished serving 10 years as our governor (and I am sure there are many Republicans in Arkansas who are supporting him - I just don't know them). The truth is, most conservatives in Arkansas had written him off long before his Presidential bid.

That said, here are 7 key reasons I cannot in good conscience support Mike Huckabee as the Republican nominee for President. This is based on his record here and is not a personal attack - I cannot speak for his or anybody's motives. This list is not the result of intense research - it's based on what I know and have experienced first-hand as a politically-active conservative Arkansan. It's a list I could have given you 6 months or even 2 years ago. And I am not attempting to echo or give validity to any criticism he is now receiving nationally (and I don’t think ALL of it is fair). This is the Mike Huckabee we know.

more...

http://www.townhall.com/blog/g/33391ddb-ed1f-4bc3-9d19-cdca6181d5d4

5 Comments:

Blogger CHOMP said...

The more that I listen to Huckabee, the more I don't like him. I can't put my finger on it, I just don't like him!

catfleas

6:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DONAL I was a supporter of his until I saw the CNBC debate. The article I wrote included one of the Huck's quotes which clearly shows him as a big union guy. Did you get a chance to read it?
I'm SO disappointed in him as a FairTax advocate. That's my cause and I wish Fred or Mitt would adopt the FairTax...

Morgan

8:01 AM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

No, Morgan--I didn't read it. Where is it? I wish you'd send me the addys for it and your blog!

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Morgan, how are you feeling? Better I hope. Hucks a fraud, a first-class, gold-plated phony. He's no more a ''conservative Republican'' than a hippopotamus is a ballerina! J'Mac.

5:55 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Thanks for your blog addy, Morgan! I gave you some razzle-dazzle on the front!

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home