Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Any Question the D'Rats Want us To Fail?

FROM DU: The D'Rats Give Themselves Away:

Bush to military: "Our job is to help them (Iraq) succeed . . ." Really?

Why is it our military's job to help Iraq's government to succeed? Did we ensure the governments of Germany and Japan with our military after we overthrew the old ones? Is this a proper constitutional use of our military? How far does our Constitution allow the president to go in using our forces to prop up up foreign governments.

I understand things like NATO agreements and such, but what pretext is Bush operating under when he pledges our military to the preservation of Iraq's government? (bigtree)


http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=364x1419948

What happened to those lovely compassionate d'Rats?
Don't they know they're supposed to CARE about people? Whatsamatter they can't/don't give a REAL damn about the Iraqis? They bleat morning, noon, and night about how WE'RE overseas 'only for the oil', but then THEY pooh-pooh any attempt to improve the Iraqi situation and establish a democratic government!

To drop a clue to this dedicated idiot who posted, yes we DID stay and help Japan and Germany develop democratic governments after WWII (I think we were in Germany for another 8 years; I'm not sure how long we spent in Japan.) How in the hell do the D'RATS think it happened?

These d'Rats are SO scared for Bush to actually accomplish anything--afraid of America really doing good--that they'll question ANYTHING President Bush wants to do--even if it's a very, very positive move--even if it carries forth the values of freedom and democracy, so other people have better lives. They needn't ever lecture anyone again about the 'haves and the have nots', or say to us 'now that you have yours, fuck everybody else, eh?'

They've shown us--and the world--how they feel and it's a very ugly thing. The tremendous d'Rat antipathy towards President Bush has completely overtaken them. One d'Rat even said 'we'd still hate Bush--even if he discovered the cure for cancer'...

You know what? I believe them.

9 Comments:

Blogger JINGOIST said...

Those first comments were SO stupid as to redefine ignorance. "Did we guarantee the govts. of Japan and Germany after WWII?" Has this stupid bit-h lived in a damn cave for the last 60 years? DONAL thanks for that, I needed a good chuckle.

Morgan

4:36 PM  
Blogger JINGOIST said...

DONAL for that IDIOTS information in case she feels like some punishment, we kept FULLY ARMORED DIVISIONS (plural) in Germany until only 10? years ago. We also STILL maintain a sizeable presense in Japan, which is more of a Naval and Marine force.

Morgan

4:42 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

I know, I KNOW Jingo--thanks for coming up with some solid numbers. I shoulda known you'd have 'em!

(And I knew we still maintained troops there, but knew they'd just scream about 'imperialism' if I mentioned it. Funny, the gov's of Japan and Germany don't consider it a USA 'invasion'!)

4:56 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Oh, and I think 'bigtree' is a guy; no woman I know would willingly call herself 'big' anything! LOL!

4:58 PM  
Blogger JINGOIST said...

And let me take this opportunity to brag about my sister, who is a retired Army Major. She was the commanding officer of US and NATO forces in Bremerhaven, Germany from around 1995-1997. It was two years around that time frame.

Morgan

5:02 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

HOW WONDERFUL! You tell her for me that I have ALWAYS admired our lady-troops! (And WAF'S AND Marines, and WAV'S?)

Commanding officer? I bet brother doesn't tease sister anymore! LOL!

5:26 PM  
Blogger JINGOIST said...

Well now that we are both out she doesn't outrank me anymore, so things have reverted back to our old relationship. She's up with my elderly parents helping out in TN. She can be a monumental pain(unlike me) and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Morgan

5:41 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Listen to you! (I bet she'd say she STILL 'outranks ya!) How do your folks feel about having two such brave and honorable kids? They must be proud--I know I sure would be!

Hey--you get any rain off the hurricane?

7:23 PM  
Blogger JINGOIST said...

DONAL you're WAY too kind where I'm concerned anyway. My brother and sister have set the bar pretty high.
We got two days of rain and it looks like it finally let up thank G-d. Some storm winds blew down my flag mount and activated our giant otters in the lake behind the house. They're actually more dangerous than the gators in some ways because they're smarter when it comes to eating dogs and cats. We did need the rain though.
How goes the weather up in Seattle?

Morgan

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home