Thursday, January 03, 2008

What the GOP Has Given America:

PhotobucketPhotobucket
84% of Americans Satisfied With Their Life, But 70% Think Country Going In Wrong Direction
By Rush Limbaugh

RUSH: New Year's Eve, the Gallup poll released its annual survey on Americans and the level of satisfaction with their personal lives. Eighty-four percent of Americans say that they are satisfied with their personal lives at this time, including a solid majority who say they are very satisfied. The personal satisfaction level contrasts sharply, though, with the low level of satisfaction Americans express with the way things are going in the US at this time, because two weeks ago, two weeks prior to New Year's Eve, Gallup released a poll that said that 70% of these same people think the nation's headed in the wrong direction.


Now, what do you do make of this? Eighty-four percent satisfied with their personal lives, 70% think the country is going on in the wrong direction. There is a simple explanation for this. It's an explanation that I have explained on countless previous explanations on this program, and it is very simple.

Everybody's lives -- 84%, yep, solid majority, very satisfied, hunky-dory, things couldn't be better. "But I watch the news every day and I see housing crisis and mortgage crisis and subprime crisis, the credit crisis and Wall Street, everybody is losing their house but me and everybody is losing their car but me. So it's the Drive-Bys, with the success at creating the doom and gloom."

Daniel Henninger writes about this today in the Wall Street Journal. He said: "It is to suggest that the never-off eye of modern political media leaves the impression that nothing good is possible. If progress happens, as with the surge in Iraq or a new therapy for cancer, it must be diminished by 'analysis,' listing four things that could 'go wrong.' As a way to absorb the way the world works, this is depressing. Good things happen. Get over it." And it's true.

more...

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_010308/content/01125104.guest.html

11 Comments:

Blogger CHOMP said...

Rush has proven that polls are worthless. Talk about spin! Polls know just how to "spin" results anyway they want. So it is the pollsters who control the outcome, not the poll-ee's.

Donal, I loved the last line..."Good things happen. Get over it."

catfleas

7:13 PM  
Blogger Sonny Lykos said...

I happened to watch Lou Dobbs tonight, for a while. I couldn't get over how many times they talked about the bad economy and how the middle class were hurting.

I emailed him including part of this new info from Newsbusters. I then asked why CNN was trying to manipulate the truth instead of "reporting" it, as it's viewers expect. After seeing who is in the various stores I frequent, and more importantly, what they are buying, including Publix, no one is hurting, considering the "non" necessities being bought.

And I'm tired of listening to the pundits telling me the public wants "change" or is "heading in the wrong direction." I want to know "what" change specifically, and what "direction."

Their manipulating crap gets old real quick.

8:29 PM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

You know, Sonny, I can't figure it out either. My sis--with only 2 years of college got a job at age 63 here in Seattle. I'm doing graphics, my husband is in school--and, except for student loans of his--we don't owe anyone a dime. We had a fine Christmas--live in a highrise in downtown Seattle with a view of the water--and we still had enough to send boxes to the troops in Afghanistan this year, give to the local food bank over Thanksgiving, and we have enough for me to go to the dentist next week!

Now, maybe we don't live very high on the hog, but WE feel lucky and have enough certainly--I just don't know what it is the Democrats expect.

I was reading the other day about Somalis that moved into TN and it was a hard adjustment as they didn't know what a bathtub was, or kitchen clock, telephone, or anything else... For all the Dems supposed multi-culti 'knowledge' they sure don't seem to know enough to know we're ALL very, very fortunate and well-off.

1:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great article! Thanks DONAL.

Morgan

5:06 AM  
Blogger FairWitness said...

I suggest that everyone affiliated with the news media, reporters, writers, editors, publishers, etc. -- all of them -- be required to read Dr. Norman Vincent Peale's classic, "The Power of Positive Thinking" and Dale Carnegie's, "How to Stop Worrying and Start Living."

6:09 AM  
Blogger FairWitness said...

Sonny, good for you! Did you get any response from CNN?

Donal, your comments about Somalians was spot on!

6:11 AM  
Blogger Sonny Lykos said...

No reply yet from CNN, but I didn't expect one other than the typical "We received your email."

I have Dr. Norman Vincent Peale's, "The Power of Positive Thinking" and intend to buy Dale Carnegie's, "How to Stop Worrying and Start Living." now that I am aware of it.

I'll give it to my 37 year old single daughter would should be a natural Democrat since she continually whines about everything.

8:13 AM  
Blogger FairWitness said...

"How to Stop Worrying..." is a step by step instruction manual which teaches you how to solve your own problems, to actually take ownership of the things which are wrong in your life and how to resolve them. Dale Carnegie also wrote several other books, "How to Win Friends and Influence People" is another which teaches you how to communicate with others and to prevail. It's about how to interact with your fellow man and to assert yourself.

I actually attended a Dale Carnegie course, which was fairly expensive. I paid the tuition myself and it was a life-altering experience. It inspired me to take control of my life. It was the turning point in my life which made my life a success.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Sonny Lykos said...

"How to Win Friends and Influence People" is a classic indeed. I've had it for decades. I"ll give that to my daughter to read too. Thanks for reminding me about it. It's philosophy goes along with taking responsibility for one's own life.

8:26 AM  
Blogger VerityINK said...

Thanks, FW--I think I'll give that How To Stop Worrying a whirl, too. We can all use a brush up in these.... interesting times. Thanks for the recommend!

Good for you Sonny for writing CNN! Tell us if you get an answer!

9:22 AM  
Blogger FairWitness said...

No problem VerityInk! I credit those classic books with educating me on how to live a happy, fulfilling, successful life.

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home